The Hot and Sweet Spaghetti with a twist of chicken sausage is an easy recipe, which is best served with basil leaves garnished on top.
Total time: 25 mins
1. 1 packet spaghetti LeanPasta
2. 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3. 2 links (6 oz) sweet or hot Italian-style chicken sausage, cut into ¼-inch rounds
4. 3 cloves garlic, minced
5. 5 medium assorted bell peppers (about 2 lbs), thinly sliced
6. Hot pepper flakes, to taste
7. Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8. ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Prepare spaghetti LeanPasta as per instructions on pack and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown lightly on both sides, about 6 minutes.
3. Transfer cooked sausage to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Wipe out the pan.
4. Add remaining oil to the skillet. Saute garlic over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add peppers and saute for about 1 minute.
5. Add hot pepper flakes, and cook until bell peppers start to soften, about 4 minutes.
6. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until peppers are soft but not mushy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Add sausage and basil to pan, and mix gently.
8. Mix the pasta and stir. Garnish with fresh basil.
Your hot and sweet spaghetti is ready to serve. BON APPETIT!
SOURCE: Women’s Health