Spicy Beef Penne
Total time: About 20 mins
1. 1 packet Penne LeanPasta
2.1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
3. 1 small onion, chopped
4. 1 lb ground beef
5. 1 tsp ground cumin, or more to taste
6. 1 tsp chili powder, or more to taste
7. ½ tsp ground oregano
8. Pinch of hot red pepper flakes
9. 1 4-oz can fire-roasted green chiles, drained
10. 16 oz canned chopped tomato
11. 2 cups water
12. ½ tsp kosher salt
13. ½ tsp ground black pepper
14. Store-bought shredded reduced-fat cheese for topping
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Prepare Penne LeanPasta as per instructions on pack and set aside
2. In a large, deep sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat, and cook the onion for 2 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add the beef and cook, breaking up the pieces, until lightly browned. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano and red pepper flakes, and stir to combine.
4. Add green chiles, canned tomato, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
5. Cook, until mixture has reduced to desired consistency, approximately 20 minutes. (If the sauce gets done before the pasta is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and set it aside; bring back to the heat when you’re ready to add the pasta.)
6. Add the pasta into the sauce, and cook, stirring well, until the pasta and sauce have come together.
7. Pour the pasta into a serving bowl and pass the cheese separately.
Your capellini is ready to serve. BON APPETIT!
SOURCE: The perfect pantry