Prawn Cocktail Salad is a classic and all time favourite dish. Try this dish along with Fettuccine LeanPasta to try something that you could savour for long.
Total Time: Prep to Eat under 5 mins
1. 1 packet Fettuccine LeanPasta
2. 250g Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
3. 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
4. 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
5. 2 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
6. 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
7. 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce to taste
8. 300g cooked peeled prawns, defrosted
9. Pinch of smoked paprika
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Prepare Fettuccine LeanPasta as per instructions on pack and set aside.
2. Toss the iceberg and parsley together and place half in the base of 2 glass serving dishes.
3. Mix together the ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces then stir in the prawns.
4. Spoon half the prawn mixture into the serving dishes and top with the remaining lettuce.
5. Add Angel Hair LeanPasta to the mixture. Finish with the remaining prawns and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Your prawn cocktail salad is ready to serve. BON APPETIT!
For Alternatives: You could skip adding ketchup to the salad as it has high sugar content. You could also add sour cream or yogurt on top to give it a more refreshing taste.
Angel Hair Capellini with Butter and Parmesan is the easiest recipe to cook in a short time. It tastes amazing and is low in carbs as well.
Total time: Prep to Eat under 5 mins
1. 1 pack (200 gms) Angel Hair Capellini Lean Pasta
2. 1 tbsp unsalted butter
3. 2 tbsp (10 gms) grated Parmesan cheese
4. ¼ teaspoon salt
5. ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
6. ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Boil a medium pot of water. Mix salt, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl
2. Pour the Angel Hair Capellini Lean Pasta into a colander and rinse the noodles under cold running water for a minute.
3. By now, your water should be boiling. Transfer the capellini to the boiling water, bring back to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. While the noodles boil, heat a clean, dry medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Pour the cooked noodles back into the colander and drain well. Transfer the capellini to the hot skillet and dry-roast them (adding no oil to the skillet), stirring for 1-2 minutes, until they are dry. This step will help improve the texture, and help to better absorb the sauce.
5. Add the butter to the skillet and thoroughly mix it with the capellini.
6. Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder mixture and mix it evenly into the capellini. Turn the heat off and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese.
Your capellini is ready to serve. BON APPETIT!
SOURCE: Healthy Recipes Blogs
Spicy Red Wine Lean Pasta
TOTAL TIME: Prep to eat in under 10 minutes
- 1 Packet LeanPasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped red and green chilli’s
- One bottle of your finest selection of red wine (for this recipe we recommend Pinot Noir)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
HOW TO MAKE:
- Prepare your LeanPasta
- In a seperate pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chopped red and green chilli’s and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for around 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add your red wine and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and 1 teaspoon salt. Gently stir until almost all of the wine thickens enough to coat the pasta (around 1 minute).
- Once your ready, toss in your LeanPasta and blend into your sauce.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: Blend with chopped parsley and add on top grated parmesan cheese or for a healthier option use goats cheese.